Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Raven Revival

Overview

Recently, I've gotten more involved in a group at ONW known as Raven Revival, a band of high school christians that are devoted to bible study and prayer. I haven't been a member for very long, only attending the past 3 meets, but I love what the group's leader Drew Bond is doing in terms of biblical study and fellowship, and shouldn't be single-handedly responsible to carry the entire group on his shoulders. He has talked about trying to get ONW Now to feature Raven Revival in a segment, but he hasn't made too much progress. I decided to take it upon myself to develop an animated logo for Raven Revival, which features the group's name with a cross and some minor smoke effects surrounding the name.

Evaluation

The logo featuring the name Raven Revival and the cross has a simple design, but is easy to read and is centered, directing people's attention to it. The smoke effects envelop the screen before the logo shows up, then within a second, the smoke disperses and the logo slowly becomes visible. The smoke then stays near the edges of the screen so it isn't much of a distraction while adding a ghostly atmosphere in the scene.

Possible Changes

I may go back and add more detail to the cross behind the italicized words, because as is the artistic schemes seem contrary to one another. I would also like to possibly add ambient music of some sort just to quickly compliment the scene I set up with all the other elements.

Product


No comments:

Post a Comment