Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Doughnut Land

Doughnut Land

For about a month and a half I've been working on my project that required a beginning, middle, and end. The goal was to make a story with characters in a walking cycle and at least 3 camera angles throughout the animation. I had an idea to create multiple doughnut characters and put them in "Doughnut Land", a fictional sugar landscape. The first few days were spent making all of the visual aspects, which included backgrounds, characters, and effects. I tried to make sure that the characters looked and moved in a similar way, and didn't clash with the background colors.

Sound Effects

In my animation I incorporated about 18 different sounds, but they weren't the easiest to import. I got my music and sounds from ISM Films which we used some last year. I wanted the music to support whatever was going on in the story and sound effects that generated effect, but at the same time were fun and comical, since the whole animation was about walking and talking doughnuts.

Compositions

In order to create a story out of my animation, I had to create and synthesize 13 separated compositions with transitions between each of them. I needed to remember what order to put them in so my story made sense.

Timeline

The timing for my animation was crucial to the story so the viewer could understand the story. I spent more time on scenes with less action than at the very end in the final battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment