Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Emagine Entry 2018

For Emagine 2018 I decided to submit my most recent project, Evolution vs. Creation. It's an animation exploring two of the most accepted and probable theories that the universe and everything in it came from. I try not to take a side; my goal of the project is to present information on both sides so the viewer can have some things to think about so they can determine which side they would take. I try not to cause too much fuss and argument-we're all just trying to find out the truth!


Part 1: The Voiceover

I first created a script that I could then record myself reciting and line up the animations along with it. My script took about 4 minutes to record, which determined the length of my project. I used a soundproof room and the audio recording software Audacity to record the whole thing. It took about 40 minutes, and I even decided to revise my script after I recorded for the first time, adding on another 30 minutes to do it again. I'm not the best speaker, so I did have to splice multiple takes together so I wasn't mumbling and sputtering throughout the whole thing!

Part 2: The Animation

 I made around 35 separate compositions in Adobe After Effects, which I then lined up with my imported voiceover. I added a looped portion of a song I wanted to use, which I reference at the end of my animation. In every composition I tried to use some new kind of effect to keep the audience intrigued and because I'm the type of person to switch things up and transition quickly between many different styles and topics. After everything was synced up, I rendered. It only took like...3 hours to render. It could've been worse. One movie on Netflix and a bathroom break and it's done! I'm satisfied with the way it turned out.

Here's a link to the video on Youtube:

No comments:

Post a Comment